1. In response to participant expectations and governmental requirements addressing possible pandemic scenarios, the terms and conditions for Organizer's events - HrOUG and JavaCro have been modified.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to alter the Terms and Conditions in accordance with the current epidemiological situation, any new restrictions, and public health deterioration as a result of potential risks associated to COVID disease or any other public hazard.
3. The Organizer reserves the right to alter the event's timetable. Changes might be made to, among other things, the venue, the timing, the workshop schedule, the party schedule, the maximum number of attendees at events, and the list of invited artists.
4. The organizer reserves the right to postpone the events if it is impossible to organize them safely owing to a legal requirement or public health concerns.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to require a COVID status check as a prerequisite to entry into events if it is required due to legal constraints or public health concerns. Each participant is responsible for any expenses he may incur as a result of the required test, and the Organizer is not liable for any financial losses.
6. Participants may not hold the organizer accountable for any monetary or other losses they sustain as a result of the altered pandemic situation, and no indemnification claims may be made against the Organizer.
2. PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Organizer obliges that your personal data will be treated in full accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Any information that are obtained by Organizer will be used solely for the purposes for which it is intended.
- All personal information relating to customers and users is obtained and protected in accordance with the relevant legal provisions.
- Your personal data will not be sold, rented nor transmitted to any entity.
- You provide your personal information voluntarily for the purposes of processing orders, marketing and, where deemed necessary, in order to fulfil Organizer's obligations to customers and users.
- You have the right to refuse the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. All user information is strictly confidential.
- All employees and partners of the Organizer are responsible for respecting the privacy statements noted above.
- Organizer site's registration system requires users to provide contact information such as their name and email address, demographic information such as ZIP code, gender and other specific information important for event organisation.
- The attendee contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary and inform him/her about the conference activities.
- When making purchases and on any other occasion when required for use of the services, the attendee states that the data that he/she has provided are correct. Organizer does not bear liability for damage resulting from incorrect or non-functioning data, email addresses or delivery addresses being provided, and attendees may not demand compensation for damage arising in this regard.
4. BUYING TICKETS
- When customer orders tickets via Organizer's webshop, it is required to fill a registration form in correctly. Before registering, it is mandatory to accept these Terms and Conditions. Upon successful purchase, customer will receive a confirmation of registration via email.
- The customer acknowledges that Organizer does not bear liability for any damage or abuse arising during, or as a consequence of, any payment method, including if the customer has not notified the bank issuing the bank card of the loss of a bank card. Organizer in particular disclaims responsibility for any mistakes or security flaws in the chosen payment method. In the case of bank transfers, Organizer is not liable for the time taken for the transfer to be processed (with particular regard to holidays) or for damage arising from incorrect provision of the payee identifier or an inaccurate transfer amount.
5. CHECKING IN
- Conference tickets can be picked up only at the conference office during the office working hours which are published on the event web page.
- Organizer will not take responsibility or reimburse any lost tickets.
- Tickets may not be used unauthorized, may not be copied or changed in any way.
- To prevent fraud, Organizer reserves the right to prohibit entrance to the attendee’s with fake tickets, while at the same time reporting fraud to relevant authorities.
- To ensure the safety of events, the organizer maintains the right to place restrictions on the kind of items or equipment (such as drinks or alcohol) that may be brought into the event site (workshop and party area, boat trips).
- On the sites of the events our suitably qualified and authorised employees or contributors or volunteers will ensure enforcement of the rules of conduct and safety. By participating at an event, the attendee expressly agrees to fully cooperate with the contributors and with any authority being in charge of the events within the bounds of the law and to follow their instructions in the event of an emergency or if justified by other important circumstances (for example reasons of public health).
- Considering that Organizer provides the programmes and services in cooperation with numerous contributors and depending on the performance of such contributors, Organizer cannot guarantee the availability, content, quality and quantity thereof - such as the performance of a certain artist, the opportunity to participate in a specific programme and/or at a specific venue etc. Nevertheless, at all times Organizer uses all efforts to provide the programmes and services communicated beforehand, and if provision becomes impossible, to substitute another programme or service for the cancelled programme or service communicated beforehand.
6. WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
- In the event of lawful cancellation by Organizer, attendees are not entitled to make any claim against Organizer.
- Attendees may only enter the event at their own risk. Organizer shall be liable solely for intentional breaches of contract imputable to it and breaches of contract committed by it resulting in harm to human life, physical well-being or health, and excludes any liability, beyond the explicit statutory rights of the consumer, with regard to any other damage including those resulting in harm to human life, physical well-being or health or a damage to property or those caused by participants to each other. The price of the pass/ticket has been determined with consideration to the exclusions of liability set out herein.
7. PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
1. During events Organizer is going to film and take photographs of participants, visitors, artists, etc. Those pictures can be used for promotion and advertising reasons (i.e. website, folders, press-releases, TV- and cinema, etc.) as well as making other final products such as online course, printed products etc.
2. Each attendee, visitor, artist, etc. agrees that video and photo material can be used by event organizers for advertising and marketing purposes, sold online etc. without any compensation to the participant.
8. SURVEYS AND QUESTIONNAIRES
Organizer's online surveys and questionnaires may ask participants for contact and demographic information. The customer's contact information is used to contact the participant when necessary and inform him/her about festival activities.
9. CONTACTING THE WEB SITE
If attendees has any questions about these Terms and Conditions, the practices of this web site or regarding interaction with this web site, attendee can contact Organizer via the CONTACT FORM.
10. AGE LIMITATION
- Participants must be 18 years of age on the first day of the event to attend this event.
- Participants under 18 need to be in the presence of the parent.
11. CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Organizer is committed to creating a safe environment that is inclusive and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law. All participants must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate of those around you.
- Be respectful of others and viewpoints that may be different from your own.
- Be mindful of your words and actions.
2. Unacceptable behaviors may include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive or unwanted behavior or language related to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected categories under applicable law.
- Visual harassment, such as sexual images or sexual language at the event.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Sharing your event registration with another person(s).
- Failure to follow any of the rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the event staff.
3. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated and could result in debarment from current, and/or any future events. If a participant is seen engaging in unacceptable behavior, Organizer may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund. If appropriate, local law enforcement may get involved.
4. If attendee is the subject of, or witness to any violations of these Terms and Condition, attendee can contact Organizer by sending an email through contact form. If necessary, staff are empowered to take appropriate actions that may include, but are not limited to, debarment from the event without refund and/or involving venue security or local law enforcement.
12. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
1. By participating in Organizer's event(s), attendee acknowledges that he/she is doing so off his/her own free will and that attendee is accepting responsibility for his/her own wellbeing through appropriate behavior toward both himself/herself and others.
2. Organizer cannot be held liable if an attendee tests positive for the COVID-19 virus (or any other disease) or if attendee's safety is threatened due to someone else's irresponsible actions.
3. Organizer cannot be held responsible for any financial or other consequences resulting from COVID (or any other) contagion. Attendee participates at his/her own risk in all Organizer's events.
4. If attendee's COVID test results are positive, attendee agrees to follow all official authorities' instructions, including but not limited to: self-quarantining, notifying the authorities, etc.
13. APPLICABLE LAW
For all matters not mentioned above, only Croatian law is applicable to any relations between Organizer and participant.
The information on our event web sites are provided “as is”. Organizer makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Organizer does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.